Why I prefer to schedule sessions around sunset – Golden Hour
Golden Hour is a pretty popular time of day for photographers to shoot. I’ll tell you what it is and why I prefer this time of day to others.
You may or may not have noticed that all of my suggested time for an outside session is in the evening before sunset. I do have some daytime sessions available for those who cannot make it during the evening. I understand the concerns moms with little children have when they hear their session will take place an hour before sunset, but I prefer to shoot in the hours leading up to sunset. This is called the ‘Golden Hour.’ During this time, the lighting is absolutely perfect.
- You get yummy light flares and beautiful soft light.
- There are no soft shadows or squinty eyes from the blinding sun at high noon.
- In the summer, the weather isn’t too hot, so you’re able to relax a little better knowing there isn’t sweat running down your face or making stains on your shirt.
- During Golden Hour, everything is warm and pretty and gives off a magical feeling.
- We can also get some sweet silhouette shots as the sun is going down on the horizon.
Golden Hour Sessionis NOT a requirement. For moms who are concerned about little ones’ sleeping schedule, I do offer sessions during the day time. I do not only photograph during the Golden Hour, so not to worry there. However, the images may not look as warm, but I will do everything in my power to deliver the final product that will be as satisfactory as with Golden Hour sessions!
You can view more samples of golden hour session here: Family Gallery